SWOT Analysis of Niger State College Education Minna as a Teacher Education Institution
- Adequate physical facilities for maximizing quality Teacher Education.
- Accredited NCE and affiliated programmes.
- Cosmopolitan location and proximity.
- Inadequacy of qualified and calibre of staff for quality Teacher Education programme.
- Poor orientation of commitment to institutional development by staff.
- Weakened teacher professional orientation by academic staff.
- Over bloated student intake.
- Poor quality product.
- Poor security network.
- Established pedigree in Teacher Education programme.
- Track record of accessing extra-funding (Grants).
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University and the proposed Niger State Teacher Professional Development Institute (NSTPDI) – related programmes for strengthening quality and functional Teacher Education for the state.
- Inappropriate curriculum for the State Basic Education sub-sector.
- Reduced state funding.
- Quality of academic and teacher professional training.