The College Library is situated adjacent to the College Administrative Block and has the following departments-
Reference Section: This section contains textbooks on individual topics as well as all the general reference books such as Encyclopedia, Dictionaries, Year books, Handbooks, etc. These books are marked reference, and are not taken away by students.
- Reserve Section: This section of the Library contains books that are not for lending out to students. This special section of the library is a restricted area. Such books can be borrowed for hours and must be used within the Library.
- Circulation Department: This is where students are registered. It serves also as the lending section.
- E-Library or E-Section:
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING CONDUCT IN THE LIBRARY
- All staff and students in the College are free to use the library.
- Orderly conduct must be observed in and around the library.
- Strict silence must be maintained in the library.
- All new members of staff and fresh students must register with the library before they can use and borrow the materials therein contained.
- Registration cards have been designed in different colours: yellow is for senior staff; blue for junior / intermediate staff; green for regular students and pink for long vacation and part-time students.
- Borrowing tickets are issued in the following order:
- Senior Staff – 3 cards
- Junior/Intermediate Staff – 2 cards
- Students – 2 cards
- Loan period for senior staff is two weeks while that of the other members of the College community is one week
- Registration is between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon each day.
- Briefcases, umbrellas and other baggages must be left by the library entrance on the bags’ stand.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed in the library.
- Reading tables and chairs must not be moved from their positions.
- Readers shall not reserve seats in the Library.
- Books consulted in the Library should be left on the tables and not to be returned to the shelves.
- All library materials must be treated with care. The Librarian reserves the right to request readers to pay for or replace any materials or properties damaged and readers may be charged for overdue books.
- All readers leaving the library with books, folders or files in their possessions are required to present themselves for checking by the library staff at the circulation desk of the library.
- Opening hours for readers at the main Library are as follows;
Monday – Thursday – 8:00 a.m. – 9: 00 p.m.
Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 1: 00 p.m. and 3:00 p. m. – 9: 00 p.m.
Saturday – 8:00 a. m. – 12:00 noon.
The library remains closed on Sundays and Public holidays.
- The Librarian can suspend or exclude from the library use any person who owing to persistent disregard of these regulations or for any other reason is considered as being a nuisance to the library.