Strategic intent for Niger State College of Education, Minna underscores the importance of harnessing human and material resources to meet the overall goals and objectives and also to fulfill the Vision and Mission of the College in the context of contemporary Teacher Professional Education in Nigeria.
The objectives as stated in the Law establishing the College include:
- Provide full-time courses in teaching, instruction, research, and training in all fields of learning relevant to the needs of the state for purpose of producing qualified NCE Teachers for the Basic education level, for higher training in education and for research to improve teaching and learning.
- To provide highly “qualified, motivated” conscientious and efficient NCE classroom teachers for Basic education schools.
- To provide PRE-NCE courses in science and technical subjects.
- To conduct in-service courses for serving Teachers.
- To arrange conferences, seminars and workshops for training and retraining of NCE Teachers on all aspects of teaching and education in general.
- Perform such other functions that may promote the objectives of the College.
To be a leading Teacher Training Institution for the production of teachers with high professional discipline and integrity, appropriate knowledge and skills for manpower development.
A Teacher Training Institution with full capacity and facilities that will harness both human and material resources for the production of skilled and innovative teachers of high professional competence, discipline and integrity.
The Core Values
Our core values to:
- Promote academic excellence in the attainment of the institution’s goals.
- Pursue truth, accountability and integrity in academics and leadership.
- Encourage constructive criticisms and collaborative efforts.
- Support and promote research and encourage innovation and creativity.
- Create a healthy and intellectually challenging environment for sustainable development.
- Foster an atmosphere of fairness, equity and tolerance devoid of rancor.
- Promote and sustain the culture of quality in all aspects of the institutional operations.